BUBO Listing www.bubo.org

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Surprise on the marsh

While on a bit of a stomp around Olney Meadows this lunchtime, mainly hoping to find a Jack Snipe - I did see one Common Snipe -, I had one of them moments when you find yourself in mid-step and have to stop putting your foot down.
 I have a phobia of Snakes and there just under my foot was this sunbathing two foot long Grass Snake.
Even though I am scared of them, I can't help but watch them and managed a few photos before it slithered off into the grass. Unfortunately it's head is partially obscured  but other than that you can see it pretty well.
 

2 comments:

  1. Nice shot, and find, Rob.
    I bet you're glad you didn't step on him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Keith. For my sake as much as his !

    ReplyDelete