BUBO Listing www.bubo.org

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Beauty on the Gallows

Torrential rain this morning allowed me time for a trip up to Gallows Farm Reserve. A Wood Sandpiper had been found here last night and it was still present first thing.

Initially I thought I had missed out - a bit of a common theme recently after missing out on 2 Spotted Crakes and yet another Purple Heron (now officially my bogey bird I think)-, but after a while sat in the hide in the company of Dave Cleal, a bird flew out of the undergrowth and after a while settled on one of the islands - it was the Wood Sand.
 After hiding away for all that time it then made up for it by showing really well out in the open for the next hour and a half that I stayed. A Whinchat and a couple of Snipe were the best of the other birds on site
 

No comments:

Post a Comment