BUBO Listing www.bubo.org

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Hettie

Hettie the Calverton Hare was being extremely tolerant today ( I've called her Hettie, presuming she's female, as surely all the males will be off chasing females at this time of year.If you click on the picture you will see there is some fur missing on the top of her head, so it looks like she has been involved in some sort of 'boxing'/mating ritual so possibly pregnant. )
  Originally she sat and watched me working from a distance of about 5 yards, but then after realising I meant her no harm, she just ambled around totally ignoring me and at one point even walked towards me, getting to within about 10 feet. She's obviously no mug though as this is the third year of visiting the garden.                                                              



2 comments: