BUBO Listing www.bubo.org

Sunday 13 February 2011

On the Track

I took my regular Sunday morning visit to Gayhurst Quarry today.
Bird wise it was very much as you were last week and probably the last couple of months.
 The Whooper Swan is still enjoying the delights of Fishing Pit, the Wigeon flock is still 4 or 5 hundred strong, 4 Little Egrets were spread around the site and the Greylags and Canadas continue to repel any chance of Wild Geese interlopers.

 Small birds were plentiful with many starting to bash out their claims on individual territories. Marsh Tit, Reed Buntings, Yellowhammers and Skylarks being the pick of the bunch.

I took a route along the main river today and under the motorway bridge, where last year I spotted the Mink.
Here there was a very wet patch of mud and it was interesting to see all the tracks of various animals that had  followed the course of the river and had been channelled under the bridge.

 I think this first set are Brown Rat.


This one I'm sure is Fox.




Badger ?




Not sure on this one



Or this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment