BUBO Listing www.bubo.org

Wednesday 17 March 2010

Ouse Valley

I took a walk around some waterside meadows - most local birders will know where I mean - this morning. It was a glorious spring morning and many birds were singing, including several Skylarks and a few Reed Buntings. Nineteen Barnacle Geese were present as was a Kestrel. Best birds seen however were 2 Curlews that were foraging in the long grass. One or two MeadowPipits made themselves known as I walked around the site.

At lunchtime I stopped off at Ravenstone Sewage Works to see if any migrants had dropped in. Again Skylarks were in full song and a flock of 17 Stock Doves were on the fields.
Down at the works 3 Grey Wagtails were present, along with 4 Pieds and 7 Reed Buntings. I then heard my first Chiffchaff of the year, which eventually showed itself in the company of 2 Long tailed Tits.
Further down the road I stopped to look over the floods near to Ravenstone Mill. The only bird of note here amongst the Black-headed Gulls was a lone Little Egret.
Near to to Gayhurst I stopped to examine some interesting road-kill, which I'm fairly sure was a Polecat.

No comments:

Post a Comment